Ear Candling, or Thermal Auricular Therapy, is a calming and non-invasive treatment of the ear.
Ear candles, also known as an ear cones, are thin, hollow tubes of linen or muslin cloth, soaked in paraffin or beeswax and tapered at one end. Some are scented with herbs, honey or aromatherapy oils. The candles work on a chimney principle, drawing any impurities to the surface where they can be gently removed and balancing the pressure in the head and ears.
Ear Candling session consist candling both ears followed with a gentle face and head massage.
Discounted price for 3 sessions booked and paid in advance is available; please contact for more information.
- removes compacted dampness in the ear
- eases irritation in ears and sinuses
- opens up nasal breathing
- stimulates energy points and reflex zones
- eases noises in the ears
- promotes relaxation and have calming effect in cases of stress
- infection or inflammation of the ear
- perforation of the ear drum
- grommets (Tympanostomy), drains or ventilation tubes fitted
- recent dental work such as root canal
- surgery on the ear within the last 3 months
- the first 3 months of pregnancy
- a cochlear implant has been fitted
Please note: that this treatment does not remove the ear wax; if you suffer from the excessive build-up of wax, please contact your GP.